Today is the day ~ We are LIVE!
Concerning all acts of initiative and creation there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that otherwise would have never happened. A whole stream of events issued from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance.
Whatever you do or dream you can begin it.
Boldness has genius, magic and power in it.
Begin it now. “
I have been dreaming up this space, allowing it percolate in my mind and heart for some time now. I truly desire it to be a place we can all come to record, remember and be transformed by the beauty and power of words together and so I have been working hard to prepare it.
The time has come to share it with you and so we begin it now.
Words are powerful. They impact each of us in profound ways which is why I have determined to gather them together as so many precious gems kept here in my little commonplace book.
Sometimes Keeping Commonplace is not only collecting the words that inspire and gathering them in a book distinctly yours but also finding, keeping and delighting in the simple pleasures of life others would cast aside as worthless “commonplaces”, uninteresting or unworthy of time and attention.
Beauty abounds in books, quotes, days, faith, and art. The practice of Keeping Commonplace gathers them all together and opens our eyes to see what we might otherwise miss.
I hope you will join me in collecting them all, that we will return together to our priceless storehouse of wisdom and beauty as often we have need of it, and that we will each leave a little richer than when we came.
This is my commonplace and it is for you!
Stay awhile and let me show you around a bit.
- Start on the Welcome page to see what Keeping Commonplace is all about.
- Let’s Get Acquainted! Find out a bit more about me and introduce yourself here.
- Take a sneak-peek at the syllabus for a self-led course on cultivating the capacity to truly see over at Commonplace Beauty
- Scroll through my Liturgical Journal and explore the connection between Keeping Commonplace and increasing our faith under the category Commonplace Faith.
- A card catalogue hand lettered quotes can be viewed under Commonplace Quotes
- Read recent musings on all things Keeping Commonplace over on the Blog
- Browse favorite volumes that have become dear friends to me on my Beloved Bookshelf
And so it begins.
I am so happy that you are here.